- Course Length – 12 Months
- Award Received – IIQ COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHIATRY LEVEL 4
About the Community Mental Health and Psychiatry Level 4 home learning course
This home study Community Mental Health and Psychiatry course has been devised for people with a keen interest in Mental Health; in particular those who wish to become counselors, therapists, social workers or start a career in this industry.
Distance learning course description:
- Mental Health and Psychiatry is designed for anyone with an interest in Mental Health, particularly those who wish to become counselors, therapists, and social workers or find employment in this industry. It covers the main illnesses which those currently receiving counseling / psychiatric treatment are diagnosed with, including their origins, symptoms, the diagnostic criteria used by health professionals and the treatment methodologies designed for these conditions.
- This distance learning course in Mental Health and Psychiatry also provides the learner with an understanding of the Mental Health system, the wide range of jobs within it and important legislation in place relating to Mental Health, such as the Mental Capacity Act. This legislation is clearly explained in terms that are easy to understand.
- Students are further provided with recommendations on the standards they should target when working with clients, in particular ensuring that they understand the importance of listening to their clients and validating their feelings. The will course encourage students to form their own views using objective evidence to support their answers.
Method of home study:
- You will receive a hard copy in the post not as an electronic password
- You will be supported by your tutor via email
- Our experienced tutors will also give feedback on your assignments
- The Study Guide will give you guidance on the ABC’s of studying and how to submit assignments
- Assignments by post will not be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You will be able to contact your tutor via email
The course comprises a set of assignments, which your tutor will mark and give you feedback on. These are called Tutor Marked Assignments. You only need to send the TMAs to your tutor for feedback, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you measure your progress.
You can complete the course at your own speed within a 12 month period.
The comprehensive Study Guide that is supplied will help you through the study and assessment process. This will be supplemented by email access to a tutor who will grade your work and guide you through the course. This assistance will help you with any problems you may have.