- Course Length – 24 Months
- Award Received – Pure Maths AQA A Level
About the A Level Pure Maths Course
This A Level home study course in Pure Math’s is the right qualification for those students who need to meet the required level of knowledge and mastery of the subject to enable them to gain entrance to university. It could also provide a progression method for further training whilst in employment.
Distance learning course description:
The distance education course aims to encourage candidates to:
- Increase their comprehension of mathematics and mathematical processes in a way that develops confidence and fosters fun
- Gain the skills to reason logically and to identify incorrect reasoning, to generalise and to build mathematical proofs
- Increase their range of mathematical skills and techniques and apply them in more advanced unstructured problems
- Learn how to be more coherent and how to progress in mathematics and of how different aspects of mathematics can be used
- Identify how each situation may be characterized mathematically and analyse the relationship between real problems and normal and other mathematical systems, and how these can be advanced and improved
- Communicate using maths
- Gain the skills needed to use equipment such as calculators and computers effectively, to identify when such use may be wrong, and to be aware of limitations
- Understand the relevance of mathematics to other areas of study, to the working world and to society in general
- Become self motivated for their own learning and the evaluation of their own mathematical improvement
Method of home study:
The A-Level courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device. Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you. All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
- You will be supported by your tutor via email
- Our experienced tutors will also give feedback on your assignments
- The Study Guide will give you guidance on the ABC’s of studying and how to submit assignments
- Assignments by post will not be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You will be able to contact your tutor via email
The course comprises a set of assignments, which your tutor will mark and give you feedback on. These are called Tutor Marked Assignments. You only need to send the TMAs to your tutor for feedback, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you measure your progress.
Exams are taken at an AQA centre and we can provide a list of centres for you.
This course has Tutor support for a period of 24 months.
The comprehensive Study Guide that is supplied will help you through the study and assessment process. This will be supplemented by email access to a tutor who will grade your work and guide you through the course. This assistance will help you with any problems you may have.
What can I do after finishing this A Level in Pure Maths?
Getting A levels can offer you a wide range of choices, such as working, further research or an apprenticeship.
You could apply to university, BTEC HND, NVQ, a BTEC Apprenticeship or an combination of these.