The Distance Education Academy
We do not store financial details (credit or debit card numbers).
1. The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
1a. How information is collected
This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call us.
1b. What information is collected
The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the us.
- Cheap Courses Ltd T/A The Distance Education Academy also collects potentially personally-identifying information that is collected by Google Analytics. The analytics feature Distance Education Academy has implemented is based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the Doubleclick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customer Display Network ads using Ads Settings.
1c. Using cookies or other on-device storage
Cookies are information files stored on your computer that help websites remember you. Cookies are used on this site to collect information.
2. How information collected is used
2a. When you use this website
2b. Customisation of this website and advert targeting
The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
The Distance Education Academy or relevant third parties may use your contact information to offer you services and products. You may opt out of target marketing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2c. Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to our website.
For these purposes, the information on the path you take to get to the website and on some of the pages you visit or use through the website, using cookies, web beacons and other on-device storage will be retained.
2d. Analysing call volumes
If you call us using the number featured on the website, we will record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be used to analyse the effectiveness of the website and our customer service.
Disclosure of your information
Your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations:
- government and enforcement agencies and the police.
Occasionally, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area.
Requests may be received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
4. Where your information is processed
When your information is used as described in section 2, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
5. How your information secure is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
6. Using cookies on the website and how you can reject them
‘Session-based’ cookie. This means that it is only saved on your hard disk for the time you are using the website. Within the website these cookies are used to understand how users navigate through the web site.
Your personal information is not stored in cookies. Cookies are only used to analyse the effectiveness of the website and to help make the website better for users.
If you do not want a website to create a cookie on your computer, most web browsers provide the option to disable them. However, the website may not work properly if you reject the cookies.
A web beacon – sometimes called a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) or page tag – is an invisible image file installed on some of the pages. When your computer downloads this image, some information about the page that you and your computer are viewing is recorded. The information does not identify you (for example, it does not include your name or email address)….Web beacons help provide a better service to you by allowing an understanding of which areas of the site are more popular with visitors than others. Web beacons are not used to collect any personal information about you, but they allow a build up of general information about how people use this site. Certain pages on the website may also contain web beacons put in place by the advertising agencies so that a measure can be made of how useful the advertising is on other websites. Web beacon files let the agency recognise a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn means a learning of which adverts bring users to the website. The web beacon only records a limited amount of information that includes the cookie number, the page ID and the time and date you accessed the page. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address.